Hi, I’m Jordan Buck. My friends call me Jordy. I am the sole writer and worker for Gun Tradition. It’s definitely a lot of work, but I love it. I grew up as a part of America’s gun culture. I am a better outdoorsman than a writer, but can’t always be running the woods these days.
The goal of my life is to help people. With Gun Tradition, I want to help people become safer, and self-reliant in their lives. To do that, we must understand what the Founding Fathers meant when they wrote the phrase “A well-regulated militia is necessary”. If you want to live in freedom, you have to prepare to take care of yourself and your family.
In my personal life, I put Christ first and Family next. That’s what keeps me strong and helps my thoughts and actions line up with what is right. I’m not overly churchy, but I do my best to live right, pray, and read my Bible. After all, I’ve got kids who need me to set a good example.
I have taught several marksmanship and firearm handling courses, mainly to beginners and intermediate shooters. At 12 years old, my father taught me to handle a gun, and I intend to pass it on to as many people as I can before I die. We don’t know how long we have, only that we are here right now. I once told a group of teenagers “live life so the crying at your funeral is genuine”. In other words, do what you can to help other people and be a good part of their story.
I suppose the best way for you to see the kind of person I am is to share with you a list of my life goals and ambitions. So, here’s my bucket (bucket not included).
- Drive a racecar *done* I drove a ferrocious 2 laps on the Berlin Raceway. Someone didn’t put the hood pins back in. I crashed on corner 4 and took out several other vehicles.
- Become a professional writer *done* I write regular articles for several outdoor companies.
- Learn how to fight *done* I have black belts in 4 martial arts and yes, I can fight.
- Go sheep hunting up north
- Own a piece of wilderness property
- Hunt all North America dangerous game
- Meet real Eskimos in the Arctic.
- Explore the Congo
- Canoe the backwaters of the Amazon Rainforest
- Open a self-defense school
- Go treasure hunting
- Build a log cabin with my own two hands
- Own a house on 40 acres
- Do missionary work in a remote tribal area
- Have a small farm/ homestead
- Be a positive male role model for fatherless children
- Spend a year off-grid in Alaska
- Compete in a cage fight
- Have an appearance on a podcast
- Run for a local public office